Rocket Software, Inc have just announced the general availability of Rocket Folio Version 4.7.2. which includes updates to Folio Builder, Folio Publisher, Folio Views, and Folio Integrator. This is the first product update since Rocket acquired Folio/NXT from Microsoft late last year.
Rocket Folio 4.7.2, which is fully tested and fully supported on both Windows Vista & Windows 7 32 and 64-bit platforms, is recognized as the premier rich-client application suite for assembling, enhancing, securing, and publishing high-value reference information. The Folio Views client includes an extremely fast search engine, intuitive navigation, and many research features that can be personalized to help users pinpoint the information they need.
The latest version includes a number of enhancements, including an improved RTF import/export filter and enhanced compatibility with rights-managed Infobases created using previous versions of Folio.
This is an important step for thousands of leading companies around the world who depend on Folio to manage and distribute their content. Rocket Software are excited to bring this product to market, and are looking forward to continuing to develop new features that will help their valued users.
If you are working directly with Catalysts Limited, please contact us to obtain product support and to obtain the latest version of the software.
Folio Version 4.7.2
Products: Folio Views, Folio Builder, Folio Publisher, Folio Integrator
The Folio 4.7.2 Readme file covers the following topics:
What's New in Folio 4.7.2
What's New in Folio 4.7.2
Key new items or enhancements in this release include:
- Rebranded to Rocket
- Improved compatibility with rights-managed Infobases created using previous versions of Folio. Folio 4.7.2 can open any 4.x rights-managed Infobase.
- Deleting records is now 20x faster than before.
- Improved RTF Import/Export Filter
- Increased security query string limit when using RMBatch
- Updated URL Import filter to support secure (https://) websites
- The query type-ahead and word-wheel blow-in features have been updated to automatically insert single quotes around single word field terms that have been indexed as a phrase.
- RMBatch now sets Expiration dates correctly, when running under time zones east of UTC time.
- Query templates no longer hangs Views after entering several terms when running on Windows XP.
- The WordPerfect 6.x Import/Export filters, FrToWP6x.dll and ToWP6x.dll, have been removed from the Folio product suite. However, you may continue to use the WordPefect 5.x Import/Export filters.
Supported Operating Systems
This assumes that all operating systems are the most current release / patch
- Folio Views: (Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7) 32 or 64-bit
- Folio Builder: (Windows XP Pro, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7) 32 or 64-bit
- Folio Publisher: (Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista, Windows 7) 32 or 64-bit
- Folio Integrator: (Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista, Windows 7) 32 or 64-bit
Minimum System Requirements
At minimum, you need a system capable of running the operating system you have chosen. The minimum RAM and processor requirements listed here may not be sufficient to run certain operating systems.
- Intel-compatible processor running at 512 MHz or faster
- 32 MB RAM
- 50 MB hard drive space (will vary by application
- Standard peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard)
- Close all running Folio products.
- Uninstall all previous Folio applications.
- Run the appropriate setup application.
- Follow the prompts as they appear on the screen.
This list identifies several issues that are either customer reported or affect the general use of the Folio applications. This list does not include all issues that we have addressed in this release (such as those that we found internally or which don't have an impact on the use of the product).
||Why does Folio 4.x take so long to delete content through the UI?
||Error: The rights manager failed to initialize.
||Long security query strings within an RDF causes RMBatch to fail.
||Nfo_OpenInfobase function does not honor the bPreventModeChange flag.
||Importing a Word document does not retain level mappings correctly.
||Folio Advanced search does not automatically blow-in quotes, when user selects phrased term with the mouse.
||Folio Import URL using secured websites.
||Folio NFO exported to RTF crashes Office XP, when attempting to open the file.
||RMBatch does not set the Expiration dates correctly, when running under certain time zones.
||Query template hangs Views after entering several terms when running on Windows XP but works on Windows Vista.
- Folio 4.7.2 rights-managed infobases can not be opened using previous versions of Folio Views. However, earlier versions of Folio 4 rights-managed infobases may be opened in Folio 4.7.2. This is due to the updated security model introduced in Folio 4.7.0 and is by design.